From Robert Matthews <rmatth...@nakedobjects.org>
Subject Re: Regular Skype conf. calls?
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 15:10:13 GMT
I like the idea of talking at same time.  There is something that you
get from oral conversations that you don't get from typing.  I find
myself reaching for the phone when I want to get to the  heart of a
complicate matter quickly, and writing takes too long because your
subject relies not just on what you know but what others know as well.

Let's use both, but use them each where appropriate.

Either way seeing things can be important.  I've just been using VNC to
create and share a virtual workspace (rather than my whole desktop)
where everybody can grab the mouse and point at things.  VNC is
available on all platforms, although the server  needs to support
geometry settings to allow a virtual screen to be set up.

Rob

PS I have a Jabber account, and on that I can also set up voice and
video calls, although I'm not sure that it works with more than two.