From Dan Haywood <dkhayw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regular Skype conf. calls?
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 23:27:38 GMT
I've just realized that Skype video group calling isn't a freebie, the
website just talks of trial period of 28 days.  I reckon it's worth
trying though, and assess afterwards.  I guess we can decide as a
community if it's worth the investment once we've tried it out a couple
of times.

@Mark... re: traceability; we could make it the responsibility of the
"host" to also post a summary of the conversation to isis-dev
@Mike ... seems like Mac support is coming in the next beta
@Alexander ... erm, no news on Linux support.  I guess it'll be voice
only for that platform.

Dan

On 08/11/2010 23:07, Mark Struberg wrote:
> sounds fun. I have no skype though so just need to dig it.
>
> One important aspect: The Apache Software Foundation is very interested in traceability.
There should be no decisions solely be made upon skype discussions having no detailed explanation
of the why and how on a mailing list archive. But I agree that IRC and skype are really nice
for getting fresh ideas down to earth together very quickly. That is the reason why lots of
projects use a chat bot which logs the conversations (in OWB we use the CIA bot). We must
also always justify/explain/present our final solution (+ other options and the reasons why
they don't got picked) in a summary mail at least!