From Dan Haywood <dkhayw...@gmail.com>
Subject Regular Skype conf. calls?
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 22:52:13 GMT
There's been a few off-list conversations (between Nour, Siegfried and
myself, at least) about having regular virtual get togethers on Skype.
Now that Skype [1] has group video conferencing, I think this would be a
good way to help the community develop.

Questions:
1. do we think it'd be good idea?  and if so...
2. how often ought we to do this?
3. what time of the day ought we to have the call?

Obviously we couldn't realistically expect everyone to attend every
call, but we could perhaps have a system whereby someone volunteers to
be the host, ie they will definitely be on the call, and anyone else is
optional (perhaps a wiki sign-on sheet to indicate attendance).

Thoughts?  Have any of the mentors done this on other projects, and to
what success/lack of?

Dan

[1] http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/features/allfeatures/group-video-calls/