From Dan Haywood <dkhayw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Isis building error
Date Sun, 07 Nov 2010 14:50:56 GMT
Hi Vango,
Must admit that that message doesn't really make sense to me, because
the parent of alternatives/progmodel/groovy/pom.xml is simply
alternatives/progmodel/pom.xml, which is local and in the default
location for parents.

Some thoughts:
1. Re-run svn update at trunk to make sure you have the latest version
of everything.  If svn update bombs out, then run again (or use the
trunk/svnup.sh script).
2. delete ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/isis, in case some sort of
corruption has occurred in there
3. make sure there's nothing "special" configured in your
~/.m2/settings.xml.  If you have put something in there, post it here so
we can assess whether that's the issue.
4. Run the command again, but without the -o.   It *is* necessary to run
the build without -o at least once to bring down all non-local
dependencies (which takes an age to run); perhaps we're getting a
misleading error message if you never did that.

If still no joy, then let us know your operating system + version, Maven
version, Java version, to see if someone else can reproduce the problem.

Thx
Dan