From Mike Burton <>
Subject Re: Regular Skype conf. calls?
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2010 23:06:17 GMT
Good idea but seems it's not yet available for Mac which would be a limitation for some of
us. Well worth keeping an eye on though. Meanwhile perhaps a regular /voice/ conf call?

Mike Burton

On 8 Nov 2010, at 22:52, Dan Haywood <> wrote:

> There's been a few off-list conversations (between Nour, Siegfried and myself, at least)
about having regular virtual get togethers on Skype.  Now that Skype [1] has group video conferencing,
I think this would be a good way to help the community develop.
> Questions:
> 1. do we think it'd be good idea?  and if so...
> 2. how often ought we to do this?
> 3. what time of the day ought we to have the call?
> Obviously we couldn't realistically expect everyone to attend every call, but we could
perhaps have a system whereby someone volunteers to be the host, ie they will definitely be
on the call, and anyone else is optional (perhaps a wiki sign-on sheet to indicate attendance).
> Thoughts?  Have any of the mentors done this on other projects, and to what success/lack
> Dan
> [1]

View raw message