From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Fwd: Re: XmlHttpRequest licensing
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 17:23:06 GMT
If we are _not_ distributing this project but only _using_ it, then it would be no problem
at all. LGPL projects might be used this way.

Of course, if he kindly gave us permission to relicense it under ASL, then we might also package
it into our distribution bundles.

Not 100% sure though whether/where we need to put this on file.
I'd say we contact legal@a.o, just to be sure.

LieGrue,
strub

--- On Wed, 10/6/10, Dan Haywood <dkhaywood@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Dan Haywood <dkhaywood@gmail.com>
Subject: Fwd: Re: XmlHttpRequest licensing
To: isis-dev@incubator.apache.org
Date: Wednesday, October 6, 2010, 4:51 PM

  Dear mentors,

    I've realized that one of my sister projects (restful objects) has a
    dependency on some LGPL software.

    Per the email chain below, I contacted the developer, Sergey
    Ilinsky, who has granted us permission with the words below:

    Yes, I authorize "NO framework and your sister projects accepted
      [2] into the Apache incubator" to use my XMLHttpRequest.js library
      (available at the http://code.google.com/p/xmlhttprequest/
      and currently licensed under LGPL) with the ASL license.

    Does this make sense legally, and is it enough to put on file?   Or
    would he need to formally license his software under ASL from his
    main website (and if he's not happy, then I'd need to yank it and
    use something else instead).

    Thanks,

    Dan