From Dan Haywood <dkhayw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Request to join the project as a developer
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 22:06:01 GMT
  Thanks for your interest, and as Benson says, you can subscribe here
with isis-dev-subscribe@apache.org.

Always very interested in building up the community (though given we're
in the incubator, I'm still learning the etiquette as to how this should
be done).  As you might have gathered, we're still in the process of
moving the code over into the Apache repo, but we should have something
going early next week.

So you know, the standard way of getting involved is to start exploring
the code, submit a few patches via Jira, generally become recognized as
providing a positive contribution, and ultimately get voted in as a
committer to the project.  I'm not sure what the normal time frame is on
that, I guess the correct answer is that it is for the existing
community to decide.

All that said, it'd be useful to know what your particular interest is
and your background?  Are you a front-end UI guy?  A back-end
persistence guy?  Something in-between?  Interested in tooling,
perhaps?  Or maybe config mgmt/release mgmt etc?

Cheers
Dan

PS: do we call you Bala?, or Singareddy?