From Dan Haywood <dkhayw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: naked objects project ideas
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 21:54:24 GMT
  Hi Christophe,
That's great to hear.  I had a go doing adding Groovy support, and got
something working in an evening (http://groovyobjects.sourceforge.net).

A couple of weeks later I had a go trying to do the same with Scala, and
things were rather more complex because the Scala compiler does all
sorts of magic.

So I think it'd be a great project to tackle, and it'd be wonderful to
accept it as a contribution to Isis when you're done.

Can I ask: are you going to work on it in an open source "forge" before
hand?  I ask because I've created a (currently empty) new project on
Sourceforge called isis-contrib, mostly for related stuff that depends
on licenses that are incompatible with Apache (notably, LGPL).  But it
occurs to me that that might be a place where you could develop your
project if you wanted to?  I'll happily make you a committer there, and
I can also help you out if you need assistance.

But whichever you decide to do, many thanks for taking an interest in
NOF/Isis, and looking forward to seeing your involvement.

Cheers
Dan

PS: you might want to subscribe to the isis-dev mailing list (just mail
to isis-dev-subscribe@apache.org).  We also have a wiki and JIRA that
you could register on if need be.

Dan Haywood
consultant, mentor, developer, author
agile, ddd, oo, java, .net, sybase
MA, MBCS, CITP, CEng
/mail: /dan@haywood-associates.co.uk <mailto:dan@haywood-associates.co.uk>
/book: /Domain Driven Design using Naked Objects
<http://pragprog.com/titles/dhnako>
/blog: /http://danhaywood.com
/linked in: /http://uk.linkedin.com/in/dkhaywood
/twitter: /http://twitter.com/dkhaywood