From Dan Haywood <dkhayw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Write access to apache isis wiki
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 14:10:07 GMT
  Hi James,
Mark should be able to setup your wiki permissions (there wouldn't be
any problems in that, would there, Mark?)

In terms of dev env, there is a stub page for this which you could update.

~~~~
Eventually though, I would like to get this documented more formally.
In fact, I do have a "developer's guide" which I had written for my
sister projects, which I'm waiting to get loaded into the ASF repo and
which I was going to hack around.  But it's still available on the web
in its original form, at:

http://starobjects.sourceforge.net/m2-site/main/documentation/docbkx/pdf/developers-guide.pdf
http://starobjects.sourceforge.net/m2-site/main/documentation/docbkx/html/developers-guide/developers-guide.html

Not all the information there is relevant, but you could use anything
pertaining to setting up the dev env as a guide.

~~~
By the way, the source for that developers' guide is DocBook, and the
current view in the community is to write all such "formal"
documentation using  DocBook.  We recommend XmlMind as an editor (the
personal edition is freely available and cross-platform; I got to know
it quite well when writing me book ;-).  If you wanted to, you could
start getting familiar with XmlMind by grabbing the source of the
developers guide and learning how to navigate around it.

Cheers
Dan

On 15/10/2010 14:40, James Gough wrote:
> As I'm going to be setting up my development environment from scratch over the next few
days, it would be good for me to create some instructions for the wiki.

> I've created an ID jpgough, please can I also get access? If there are any pre-requisites
let me know and I'll sort those first.