From Dan Haywood <dkhayw...@gmail.com>
Subject Need to confirm Isis' groupId and artifactId's
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 14:08:00 GMT
  First off, Gav has uploaded the Naked Objects codebase (prepared by
Rob).  He accidentally put it in the wrong place, so I've moved it into
its correct location (isis/contrib/initial/nof).  I've also made a few
minor tweaks there (nothing very substantive).

If you want to peruse it, go to isis/contrib/initial/nof/framework/trunk.

~~~
Next step then is to move those modules that will be in v0.1 into
isis/trunk.  Rob's already done a lot of work in changing class names,
package names, and has also changed some of the Maven
groupId/artifactIds.  However, I'm of the view (and I think Rob is too)
that we need to adjust these groupIds/artifactIds somewhat, to balance
the requirements that:

1. the directory tree corresponds to the Maven site that we want to generate
   - what that means is breaking up the plugins (now called
"extensions") into four chunks: viewers, objectstores, security and remoting
2. the directory tree is "obvious" to browse around
   - meaning there's a correlation between groupIds/artifactIds and
directories
3. we make all child modules (aggregated using <modules>) define their
parent (defined by <parent>) to be their aggregating parent
   - ie so that inheritance = aggregation as far as we're concerned
   - doing this means that we won't require any special configuration in
the maven-release-plugin and maven-site-plugin

I've captured the proposed modules on our wiki, at:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ISIS/MavenModules

Thoughts?
Dan