From Dan Haywood <>
Subject Re: Why are NonPersistent field not editable?
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 11:38:18 GMT

On 11/10/2010 12:30, Robert Matthews wrote:
> Dan
> What was your rational behind making non-persistent fields non-editable?
I guess cos I've only used them in the sense of showing derived
information.  If it were editable, then modifying the value would need
to have a side-effect of updating some other property on this object or
an associated one.  That strikes me as something that ought to be
represented as an action.

> For example, I have a Task object that is created to change a Plan's
> details.  It is coded so that the get and modify method in the Task
> delegate to the Plan (there is no need to persist this information
> twice).

Could you post the code, so we can debate it?  (Since it's something
that also would occur in NO MVC, it might also be helpful to to get
Richard's view).