From Robert Matthews <rmatth...@nakedobjects.org>
Subject Why are NonPersistent field not editable?
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 11:30:10 GMT
Dan

What was your rational behind making non-persistent fields non-editable?

For example, I have a Task object that is created to change a Plan's
details.  It is coded so that the get and modify method in the Task
delegate to the Plan (there is no need to persist this information
twice).  Marking the get method as NotPersisted causes the field to show
up as uneditable (though I didn't also mark it as Disabled).  It
transpires that the NotPersistableFacet is a DisablingInteractionAdvisor
and this is what prevents it from being edited.

Regards
Rob