From "Kevin Meyer - KMZ" <ke...@kmz.co.za>
Subject Re: Site & Documentation ideas
Date Sat, 09 Oct 2010 07:37:36 GMT
On 8 Oct 2010 at 14:25, Alexander Krasnukhin wrote:

> Where did you get this magic number for clicks? Just wondering.

You got me - it seems to be one of those bits of "common knowledge"
that hang around for some reason.  A bit of 'net research shows that
opinion seems quite strong, both for and against "counting clicks".

I guess what I'm trying to say is: the content should be organized
such that "within a few clicks" you *know* you are on the right path,
e.g. top levels: getting started, developing, using.
Under getting started: installing, tutorials, ...
Under developing: pointers into the code base....

Under installing: installing the IDEs, installing Java, installing
framework, etc.

I suppose a related question is cross-referencing. Some content can
quite obviously belong on multiple help pages - so, since you don't
want to duplicate content (I assume), then you should ensure that the
other "likely" pages have links to the chosen content page?