From Dan Haywood <dkhayw...@gmail.com>
Subject Introducing Mike Radtke (was: Re: IP for patches to NOF)
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 11:24:56 GMT
  All:
Can I introduce you all to Mike Radtke, who's provided some fixes on the
DnD viewer and who I contacted about IP?

Mike:
My answers to your last email below; as you can see I've cc:ed this to
isis-dev mailing list, further discussion below.

On 28/09/2010 11:52, mradtke@abigale.de wrote:

> [snip]
>

> As Rob mentioned, he'd like to have some help with the DND viewer. And
> I'ld love helping him were I can. This would be a good starting point
> for me, as I like to do some human interface stuff. (BTW yes, lists
> are already sortable - but what I meant was reorderable (I used a
> wrong phrase), this can't be done right now, can it?)

OK.  Rob, I guess you need to pick this up?

Another option... are there any other UI frameworks that you know and
love where you fancy writing your own viewer implementation?  If there
were a web-based one, I think we now have quite a lot of ideas of how to
go about building them.

> And, of course, I can help him to fix the OSX related failures [for
> DnD viewer].

That would be helpful.  (Actually, I got myself a Mac at the beginning
of the year, but I've reverted back to Windows because my productivity
went down... I couldn't get by without accelerator keys).

> Another area I can see me contribute at the moment is developing some
> domain services, as you mentioned.

That would be a nice discrete area too.  I've started a page on our wiki
[1]  for this topic [2].

> Please tell me what you need most

As a starting point, would you mind subscribing to
isis-dev@incubator.apache.org; as noted at the top of this mail, I've
cc:ed this conversation there, as the "Apache Way" includes keeping
conversations public and visible.

You could also register onto the wiki; if you ask on isis-dev then Mark
Struberg (our champion at Apache) will grant you permissions.

If we find an area where you're really keen to contribute, then we can
go the next step and take you into the fold as a committer.  But let's
go one step at a time, don't want to scare you away!

> Regards
> Mike

Thanks again,
Dan