From Dan Haywood <dkhayw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Site & Documentation ideas
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 10:08:32 GMT
  Picking up on Dave's points, then, the Cocoon site is nice to look at,
and what's encouraging is that it is a Maven generated site.  Struts is
also Maven-generated, though not styled particularly.  Wicket looks
nice, but isn't Maven (I'm pretty sure).

We probably should distinguish aesthetics from organization.  The fact
that both Cocoon and Struts are Maven-generated and are easily navigable
means that there's nothing wrong with our decision to use Maven as a
technology for writing site docs.  The thing that is important though is
that we get the organization right.

I think that Rob and I have a pretty good idea of what we want the site
to look like; screencasts will only further improve the site.  My view
is we execute towards that vision first, then see what we want to change.

In the meantime, though, let's keep the conversation open and capture
any good ideas on the wiki.  I've captured Dave's points on the Isis
wiki, at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ISIS/SiteAndDocumentationIdeas.

Thx
Dan