From Dan Haywood <dkhayw...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Re: XmlHttpRequest licensing
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 16:51:22 GMT
  Dear mentors,

I've realized that one of my sister projects (restful objects) has a
dependency on some LGPL software.

Per the email chain below, I contacted the developer, Sergey Ilinsky,
who has granted us permission with the words below:

/Yes, I authorize "NO framework and your sister projects accepted [2]
into the Apache incubator" to use my XMLHttpRequest.js library
(available at the http://code.google.com/p/xmlhttprequest/ and currently
licensed under LGPL) with the ASL license.
/
Does this make sense legally, and is it enough to put on file?   Or
would he need to formally license his software under ASL from his main
website (and if he's not happy, then I'd need to yank it and use
something else instead).

Thanks,
Dan