From "Kevin Meyer" <ke...@kmz.co.za>
Subject Re: logo?
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 07:57:45 GMT
After I posted my pencil sketch, I was reminded that Robert and Dan
settled the name Isis based on the fact that the Thames is called
Isis in their part of the world. Check Wikipedia [1].

Anyway - after a brief search, I couldn't confirm any correlation
between Isis (the goddess) and Isis the river.

Based on this river theme, how about something (simple) feature
a stretch of river, a punt, and a beautiful woman? ;)
Indications are that even the Isis (river) is inspired by the image
of a (beautiful) woman - check the Tamesis and Isis[2] carvings on the
Henley bridge at Henley-on-Thames.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis_(river)
[2]
http://www.artandarchitecture.org.uk/images/conway/5e8a002b.html?ixsid=NSsmq1ApbEj