incubator-imperius-user mailing list archives

From Starry Pan <x...@research.ait.ie>
Subject Can not download the SPLEditor.zip & Some Jars Missing Error when Building the editor from source
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 15:27:36 GMT
Hi all,

Recently, I want to do some Policy projects and I am now configuring the
eclipse environment.
I just followed the tutorial as
this(http://incubator.apache.org/imperius/docs/spl_editor_guide.html) :*/
****************************************************************************************************************************
/*

    */Getting Started /*

*//*

      */Prerequisites /*

*/To use the JavaSPL editor you will first need to download and install
eclipse platform 3.3 or later <http://www.eclipse.org/downloads> ,EMF
2.3 or later <http://www.eclipse.org/downloads> and the ANTLR v2 plugin
<http://antlreclipse.sourceforge.net>/*

*//*

      */Download or build the SPL Editor /*

*/Download and extract SPLEditor.zip
<http://incubator.apache.org/imperius/downloads.html> to a temporary
location. You can also Build the editor from source
<http://incubator.apache.org/imperius/community/contribute.html>/*

*//*

      */Install the Editor /*

*/To install the editor simply unzip *SPLEditor.zip * into your
*ECLIPSE_HOME * and restart /***/Eclipse
/* *

*Unfortunately, there's no source for SPLEditor.zip and so I choose to
build the editor by myself following the tutorial as this one
(http://incubator.apache.org/imperius/community/contribute.html) :
*****************************************************************************************************************************
*

    /Building the source/

/To build Imperius you must install Apache Maven 2.0.4
<http://maven.apache.org/> , Apache Ant <http://ant.apache.org>, Java
142 <http://java.sun.com/downloads> and Subversion client
<http://subversion.tigris.org> on your system. After the installation
make sure that the mvn, ant, java and svn executables are in the search
path (e.g. %PATH%). Then follow the steps below to build the particular
SPL binding you need. /

//

      /Building Imperius with Java binding (JavaSPL)/

/Once you have installed these three applications, simply download the
build
<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/imperius/trunk/build.xml?view=co> file
to a directory where you'd like to create the Imperius distribution and
run *ant * from that directory. The build will use the Subversion client
to pull down the latest files from the Imperius repository (subsequent
runs of the build will use your local copy of the files). When the build
is complete, you can find the distribution archives in /dist. /

//

      /Build the SPL Editors /

/To build the SPL Editor: /

    * /First configure the maven repository with eclipse plugins. To do
      this on a command prompt run *mvn eclipse:make-artifacts
      -DeclipseDir= < ECLIPSE_HOME > */
    * /To build the JavaSPL editor Run *ant javaspl.runtime.editor */

There's jar missing error when I run ant javaspl.runtime.editor which
the log said:
/Missing:
      [exec] ----------
      [exec] 1)
org.eclipse.equinox:org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository:jar:1.0.100

Path to dependency:
      [exec]       1) imperius:imperius-spleditorcore:jar:1.0.0
      [exec]       2) org.eclipse.ui:org.eclipse.ui.ide:jar:3.6.1
      [exec]       3)
org.eclipse.equinox:org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine:jar:2.0.0
      [exec]       4)
org.eclipse.equinox:org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository:jar:1.0.100
      [exec]
      [exec] 2)
org.eclipse.ecf:org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer:jar:3.0.1
      [exec] /
and then I go to the http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/eclipse/equinox/
and want to download them manually but failed for no sources there.

Do you anyone have ideas about this?
Thanks a lot in advance!

Best Rgs,
Starry