incubator-imperius-user mailing list archives

From Neeraj Joshi <jnee...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Query on Imperius with CIM-SPL on linux
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 14:43:56 GMT
Hita Akula <hita_lucky@yahoo.co.in> wrote on 08/18/2010 09:27:30 AM:

> [image removed]
>
> Query on Imperius with CIM-SPL on linux
>
> Hita Akula
>
> to:
>
> imperius-user
>
> 08/18/2010 09:39 AM
>
> Please respond to imperius-user
>
> Hi,
>
> I am a newbie to imperius.
>

> I am trying to use CIM-SPL to write new policies for a project. I
> went through
> the documentation but I am unclear as what steps to follow once I have
> downloaded the imperius CIM-SPL binary.
>
> In the below documentation link steps have been provided for
> JavaSPL. Will the
> same apply for the CIM SPL?
> http://incubator.apache.org/imperius/docs/getting_started.html

It is not identical to Java SPL. There is a readme that will get generated
once you build cim-spl that
will walk you through running samples and getting started

> And also I am unsure whether I can directly use the binary provided
> in download
> page or should I do a build from the sources inorder to use imperius
CIM_SPL
> (writing policies) in my project?

There seems to be an issue with the download links for cim-spl currently.
You would need to build cim-spl from
source.

> Will imperius fail if  ANTLR and Javaused are any other versions
> than provided
> in the documentation page ?

A later version of Java should be OK but ANTLR needs to be 2.7.7

Thanks
Neeraj