incubator-imperius-user mailing list archives

From David L Kaminsky <...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Overloaded Java methods in SPL
Date Mon, 11 May 2009 18:45:26 GMT

I agree.

+1.

  From:       Neeraj Joshi/Durham/IBM@IBMUS

  To:         imperius-user@incubator.apache.org

  Date:       05/11/2009 02:43 PM

  Subject:    Re: Overloaded Java methods in SPL

+1
I think its a good idea to extend Java-SPL to allow for overloaded
methods.

-Neeraj

"The light at the end of the tunnel...may be you"

Neeraj Joshi
WebSphere XD - Compute Grid
AIM, IBM
Apache Imperius - http://incubator.apache.org/imperius

From:
David Wood/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
To:
imperius-user@incubator.apache.org
Date:
05/11/2009 10:10 AM
Subject:
Overloaded Java methods in SPL

All,

The Java binding for SPL is currently somewhat limited in that we can't
use overloaded methods in the SPL policy.  This seems to have arisen
because CIM-SPL does not use overloading. Given that we have a Java
binding, it seems to make sense to extend Imperius to support Java
overloading.  BTW, this is a bug submitted as Imperius-23 (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMPERIUS-23).  What do people think?

David Wood
Policy Technologies Group
IBM TJ Watson Research Center
dawood@us.ibm.com
914-784-5123 (office), 914-396-6515 (mobile)