incubator-imperius-user mailing list archives

From "Reza Asadollahi" <rasad...@uwaterloo.ca>
Subject RE: suggestions for new enhancements in Imperius
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:05:49 GMT
Hi,
The mentioned items are looking good to me, and I'd like to add a few more
items to the list:

1. Having policy execution listener; sometimes, it is important for the
caller of executePolicy method to know what exactly happened during
execution. It is a good practice to invoke that method with an interface to
receive notifications from imperius about the execution process. For
example, if the condition part was true, if the decision executed and so on.
Many of such information currently are printed in output, but we need to
receive them programmatically.

2. Supporting for automatic type conversions introduced in Java 5. Without
this feature, how can we call a method like foo(Integer i) in the decision
section?

3. Removing ex.printStackTrace() from the code. The caller of imperius
should decide whether to print out the stack trace or not.

Thanks,
Regards

Reza Asadollahi

STAR Lab