From David Wood <daw...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Retire the Imperius Podling
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 11:57:56 GMT
+1

David Wood
Computing Systems for Wireless Networks
IBM TJ Watson Research Center
dawood@us.ibm.com
914-784-5123 (office), 914-396-6515 (mobile)

From:   Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com>
To:     imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org
Date:   05/05/2011 09:26 PM
Subject:        [VOTE] Retire the Imperius Podling

All,
We seem to have a consensus that it is time to retire the Imperius
Podling.

Although the Apache Imperius project was successful in building an SPL
implementation and had a successful release, there is not sufficient
community energy to warrant continued development of Imperius at the
Apache Software Foundation.

I believe it is time to suspend development of the Imperius project at the
Apache Incubator. The Incubator status for this state is "retired" or
"dormant".

Please cast your vote:

   [ ] +1 to retire the Imperius project
   [ ]  0 for Don't care
   [ ] -1 for No, please keep it alive (please provide arguments why)

I'll leave this vote open for a minimum of 72 hours.

I would like to note that this in no way reflects on the quality of the
Imperius software codebase or the past actions of the Imperius community.
It is simply an acknowledgement that we do not have sufficient community
involvement to keep the Imperius project going.

--kevan