From Neeraj Joshi <jnee...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Suspend the Imperius project?
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 16:09:31 GMT
Hey Kevan,

I agree I think it is time :(

+1

-Neeraj
Live by design, not by accident.

Neeraj Joshi (knee-rudge)
WebSphere XD - Compute Grid
AIM, IBM
Apache Imperius - http://incubator.apache.org/imperius

From:
Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com>
To:
imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org
Date:
04/04/2011 12:04 PM
Subject:
[DISCUSS] Suspend the Imperius project?

All,
Although the Apache Imperius project was successful in building an SPL
implementation and had a successful release, there does not appear to be a
sufficient Imperius community to warrant continued development at the
Apache Software Foundation. I believe it is time to suspend development of
the Imperius project at the Apache Incubator. I believe the Incubator
status is "dormant".

The Apache Attic is used to maintain dormant Top Level Projects (
http://attic.apache.org/). The Apache Attic is not for Incubator Podlings,
however. The Incubator process is to "terminate" or "suspend" the podling.

I would like to note that this in no way reflects on the quality of the
Imperius software codebase or the past actions of the Imperius community.
It is simply an acknowledgement that we do not have enough sufficient
community involvement to keep the Imperius project going.

Comments? Opinions?

--kevan