From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Suspend the Imperius project?
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 16:03:46 GMT
All,
Although the Apache Imperius project was successful in building an SPL implementation and
had a successful release, there does not appear to be a sufficient Imperius community to warrant
continued development at the Apache Software Foundation. I believe it is time to suspend development
of the Imperius project at the Apache Incubator. I believe the Incubator status is "dormant".

The Apache Attic is used to maintain dormant Top Level Projects (http://attic.apache.org/).
The Apache Attic is not for Incubator Podlings, however. The Incubator process is to "terminate"
or "suspend" the podling.

I would like to note that this in no way reflects on the quality of the Imperius software
codebase or the past actions of the Imperius community. It is simply an acknowledgement that
we do not have enough sufficient community involvement to keep the Imperius project going.

Comments? Opinions?

--kevan