From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: Future of Imperius
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2010 20:00:07 GMT

On Mar 24, 2010, at 1:38 PM, Craig L Russell wrote:

> It looks like the community is small (11 committers including 4 mentors), but they have
been able to produce a release that was voted and shipped. Not a small task considering everything.
> I'd say it's time to see if there is enough diversity and an interested enough community
to graduate Imperius as a top level project. I don't see another TLP that would be a good
> The diversity standard is three committers independent of each other. From what I know,
there are two major organizations, Sun(Oracle) and IBM who are involved, and I know there
are unaffiliated committers, but I don't know the affiliations of most of the non-Sun(Oracle),
non-IBM folks.
> Who is out there who is interested in continuing to be part of the community? Please
speak up now. Like by April 1.
> I agree with Kevan that we should announce the result of this thread in our April report
to the incubator and make a decision by July on whether to shut this down or graduate it.

Well, we missed our "July" target. Beyond discussion on this thread and a few odd fixes, there's
been little forward movement in the community.

If you want Imperius to move forward and remain a part of the ASF, then the community needs
to graduate from the Incubator... Craig and I are not going to do this for you. You cannot
remain in the Incubator forever. If there is not progress towards graduating Imperius, I think
we should suspend the project. October would be my target for either graduating or terminating
the project.

View raw message