From David Wood <daw...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Unnecessary class load in JavaActuator
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 16:41:34 GMT
Hi All,

I've got a situation in which my Java-bound policy imports an interface,
but the implementation is provided by a class in a package I do not have
access to.  This leads to problems in the JavaActuator.invokeMethod()
method which does the following:

c = Class.forName(instance.getClass().getName());

Class.forName() is throwing ClassNotFoundException, which on the face of
it seems strange since we already have the class in instance.getClass().
So, this is my question,  "why doesn't this code just do
c=instance.getClass()?'  This is probably some subtly of Java that I'm not
aware of.  Your teachings  will be much appreciated.  thanks.

David Wood
Policy Technologies Group
IBM TJ Watson Research Center
dawood@us.ibm.com
914-784-5123 (office), 914-396-6515 (mobile)