From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Imperius 1.0.0 rc6
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 13:50:47 GMT

Nice review, Erik. A few comments...

On Dec 10, 2009, at 7:23 AM, Erik Bengtson wrote:

> +1
>
> Some remarks:
>
> - In the zip/tar file we have a /log.txt file that should be removed.
> - Inside the jars we have a /META-INF/maven that should be removed too.
> - imperius-splcore-1.0.0.jar does not have NOTICE.txt and LICENSE.txt

This could be a release blocker. As long as the jar is only packaged within an Imperius binary
distribution (which does have LICENSE/NOTICE), then that's OK. However, in the days of Maven
and separately downloadable artifacts, individual artifacts need to be appropriately licensed,
themselves.

Based on this, I'm changing my vote to a -1...

If we're convinced that imperius-splcore-1.0.0.jar will never be deployed to maven, then I
can probably be convinced otherwise...

> - IMO, the lib/javaspl-samples-1.0.0.jar should be moved to
> samples/lib/javaspl-samples-1.0.0.jar
> - IMO, NOTICE.txt and LICENSE.txt files in jar files should lie in
> META-INF folder.

Right again. Not sure if this violates ASF policy or not. But META-INF is the right location.

--kevan