From Neeraj Joshi <neera...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Imperius 1.0.0 rc6
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 13:51:11 GMT
Ok so my question is whether making all jars available on maven is
required for a apache release?

I am ok with not making any jar maven downloadable for the first
release.

The javaspl and cimspl distribution zip includes splcore.jar (along
with the license etc) which is what users would download I think this
satisfies Apache guidelines.

I don't want to drag this discussion too long if the community feels
all jars need to be maven downloadable I will spin another candidate.

Thanks
Neeraj

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 11, 2009, at 2:57 AM, Erik Bengtson <erik@jpox.org> wrote:

> IMO splcore has to be distributable in maven repo too, otherwise maven
> users will have to download imperius splcore manually.
>
> Applications are binary and runtime dependent of this jar.
>
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 7:10 PM, Kevan Miller
> <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Dec 10, 2009, at 9:32 AM, Neeraj Joshi wrote:
>>
>>> splcore.jar holds the core language parser elements which are
>>> specific to
>>> the SPL language. I do not see any
>>> value in making it available on maven. The javaspl.jar and
>>> cimsplclientsideprovider are jars that other projects could
>>> potentially
>>> download and embed within their distribution.
>>
>> OK. As long as the community is ok with this restriction, I'm
>> fine... Here's my +1, again.
>>
>> --kevan
>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Neeraj
>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>> "It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also
>>> remembering my
>>> reasons for them". -Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
>>>
>>> Neeraj Joshi (knee-rudge)
>>> WebSphere XD - Compute Grid
>>> AIM, IBM
>>> Apache Imperius - http://incubator.apache.org/imperius