From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Imperius 1.0.0 rc6
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 14:35:19 GMT

On Dec 11, 2009, at 8:51 AM, Neeraj Joshi wrote:

> Ok so my question is whether making all jars available on maven is required for a apache
release?

No. It has, however, become a defacto standard for sharing open source artifacts between projects.
So, is very common.

> I am ok with not making any jar maven downloadable for the first release.
>
> The javaspl and cimspl distribution zip includes splcore.jar (along with the license
etc) which is what users would download I think this satisfies Apache guidelines.

> I don't want to drag this discussion too long if the community feels all jars need to
be maven downloadable I will spin another candidate.

This doesn't break any Apache guidelines or policies (at least not that I'm aware of). So,
moving forward with the release is fine.

--kevan