From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Imperius 1.0.0 rc5
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 14:07:34 GMT
OK.

I see some new diffs between svn and the source distribution:

$ diff -r --strip-trailing-cr release1.0.0rc5/ dist/
diff -r --strip-trailing-cr release1.0.0rc5/build.xml dist/build.xml
61c61
<       <property name="IMPERIUS_SVN_TRUNK_REPOSITORY" value="http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/imperius/tags/release1.0.0rc5"/>
---
>       <property name="IMPERIUS_SVN_TRUNK_REPOSITORY" value="http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/imperius/tags/release1.0.0rc3"/>
115c115
<              an executable svn must be on the system PATH -->
---
>              an executable svn must be on the system PATH
125c125
<               </exec>
---
>               </exec-->
135c135
<               <exec executable="svn" searchpath="true" dir="." failonerror="true">
---
>               <!--exec executable="svn" searchpath="true" dir="." failonerror="true">
146c146
<               </exec>
---
>               </exec-->
166c166
<               <!-- get the license -->
---
>               <!-- get the license
170c170
<               <get src="${README_FILE_URL}" dest="${README_FILE}"/>
---
>               <get src="${README_FILE_URL}" dest="${README_FILE}"/-->
890,891c890
<                       <record name="${LOG_FILE}"
<                               append="yes" action="stop"/>
---
>                       <record name="${LOG_FILE}" append="yes" action="stop"/>
Only in dist/imperius-cimsplclientsideprovider: customexpressions.properties

This is not necessarily cause for a -1, but IMO should be fixed. Technically, a release vote
is on the source distribution that you have prepared. Typically, I expect the corresponding
svn tag to contain the same contents. I would prefer to see this fixed. However, I don't believe
this violates Apache or incubator policy. So, here is my +1...

A few additional notes.

The binary distributions contain redundant .zip and tar.gz archives. I would expect a binary
distribution to lay down the desired artifacts. Not unzip to get a zip file which I then have
to unzip.

Both binary and source archives extract to the current directory. Typically Apache distributions
would extract to a directory (e.g.  imperius-1.0.0-src/)

--kevan