From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Imperius 1.0.0 rc3
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 02:06:17 GMT

On Nov 17, 2009, at 3:58 PM, Neeraj Joshi wrote:

> Kevan,
>> In particular, I think the "messages.properties" files -- need them
> Although I really don't see why they need licenses I am going to remove
> all the editor related folders from the release candidate and rebuild the
> jars. Will send out a note once I am done.

Neeraj,
I'm happy to discuss any specific files with you. messages.properties certainly seems non-trivial
to me. If you look at other apache projects, you'll find that they have license headers in
the message.properties files. For example -- https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb3/container/openejb-core/src/main/resources/org/apache/openejb/alt/util/resources/Messages.properties.

Other files may be debatable. Happy to discuss...

>> I'm unable to build imperius-javasplextension. There's a missing eclipse
> dependency. Is this expected?
> Yes there are a few steps that you need to follow to build eclipse
> artifacts in the maven registry. The steps are highlighted
> http://incubator.apache.org/imperius/community/contribute.html#buildeditor
> But this should not be required once I am done reconfiguring the release
> candidate (as this folder will not be part of it)

Thanks for the info.

--kevan