From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Imperius 1.0.0 rc2
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 21:32:23 GMT

On Nov 9, 2009, at 3:45 PM, Neeraj Joshi wrote:

> Hey Kevan,
> David checked in an updated version of the NOTICE can you please take a
> look and give us your feedback?
>

> Apache Imperius
> Copyright 2008-2009 The Apache Software Foundation
>
> This product includes software developed at
> The Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/).
> (c) Copyright IBM Corp. 2008

So, this got me wondering about the code grant/CLA for the initial code contribution. I'd
like to confirm that we have one. Craig, perhaps you remember?

Strictly speaking the IBM copyright is not needed at all. IBM is still copyright holder on
the code they donated. If they want this to be noted to consumers of Imperius, then this is
the place to do it, but it is not necessary...

If IBM wants this noted, I'd give a bit more context, I think. Something like:

Apache Imperius
Copyright 2008-2009 The Apache Software Foundation

Portions of this software were originally developed by
International Business Machines Corporation.

(c) Copyright IBM Corp. 2008

--kevan