From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Imperius 1.0.0 rc1
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2009 08:19:38 GMT
1) Would really, really prefer to see your KEYS signature be from your
@apache.org email address.

2) Update the copyright date in NOTICE.txt

3) NOTICE.txt contains the following:

"Please read the different LICENSE files present in the lib directory of
this distribution.

This package also contains binary files from the Eclipse Equinox
project.
Source is available at http://eclipse.org/equinox"

The notice file is not the place to mention additional "license"
information. That would be in the license file. Since there are no
additional libraries in the lib directories, this should be deleted
all together. IMO, the preferred mechanism to document additional
licenses, is to append the licenses to the LICENSE file.

No packages contain eclipse binary files (if they do, please point
them out to me). Unless I'm wrong, the eclipse acknowledgement should
be deleted.

4) un-tarring the source package produces the following unreadable
directory on my Mac:

$ tar zxf ../apache-imperius-1.0.0-src.tar.gz
$ ls -l
total 0
d---------  18 kevan  kevan  612 Oct  8 13:09 apache-imperius-1.0.0-src

5) Multiple files are missing apache src license headers. They must be
fixed.

6) All IBM copyright statements must be removed from the source files
(by an IBM committer). They should be deleted or moved to the NOTICE
file (which already contains an IBM copyright)

7) Would like to see an SVN url and revision number that corresponds
to the release source in svn in your vote email

8) The following files are in SVN, but not included in source release:

Only in release1.0.0/: .antlr-eclipse
Only in release1.0.0/: .classpath
Only in release1.0.0/: .project

IMO, these shouldn't be in SVN at all. You should use svn ignore to
avoid these and other files...

9) The Imperius version in pom.xml is still 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT

10) If you are going to release Imperius artifacts to maven
repositories, then all jar files must contain LICENSE/NOTICE files.
They currently do not. I would urge you to do this, regardless..

11) If releasing to maven, then you should make a maven staging repo
available for review

I built using mvn, and checked signature and checksums. Except for the
email address noted above, this looked ok...

Here's my -1 until above issues are resolved.

--kevan