From Xiping Wang <xip...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: bugs and extensions for analysis
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 16:27:20 GMT

Hi Kevan,

Yes. I've sent several emails to root@apache.org regarding my password
reset and Tony Stevenson asked me which password, Shell or Subversion to
reset. Since I don't have password for both, I requested to have both
passwords reset, but I've not received any password yet. Would you please
help me with this issue.

Thanks,

Xiping
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center

  From:       Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com>

  To:         imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org

  Date:       09/09/2009 10:45 AM

  Subject:    Re: bugs and extensions for analysis

On Sep 9, 2009, at 9:31 AM, David Wood wrote:

> The changes are made by Xiping Wang and I and we are both approved
> committers (although if you can help Xiping get his password reset
> that
> would be great).  They are not terribly extensive, but since they
> extended
> Imperius to allow us to bolt on our analysis, we thought we should
> send
> out a message to the community.

For password reset, have Xiping send a note to root@apache.org
requesting a password reset. Include his Apache login (xiping).

Since you both are committers and the changes aren't too big, I guess
I'm ok without a code grant (we're already in incubator). Include both
names in any commit messages (so that it's clear who the authors were).

In general, this is a very bad way to be doing community development.
Much better for your to be doing this work within the community,
rather than developing outside and dumping into the community.

I see little to no progress in the Imperius community. We still have
the old "tag" that's not a release in svn. Except for an email or two,
there's no movement to an Imperius release. It seems that the only
"development" has occurred outside of the community. Personally, I
have little hope for Imperius ever successfully graduating from the
Incubator.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong...

--kevan