From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bugs and extensions for analysis
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 14:44:51 GMT

On Sep 9, 2009, at 9:31 AM, David Wood wrote:

> The changes are made by Xiping Wang and I and we are both approved
> committers (although if you can help Xiping get his password reset
> that
> would be great).  They are not terribly extensive, but since they
> extended
> Imperius to allow us to bolt on our analysis, we thought we should
> send
> out a message to the community.

For password reset, have Xiping send a note to root@apache.org
requesting a password reset. Include his Apache login (xiping).

Since you both are committers and the changes aren't too big, I guess
I'm ok without a code grant (we're already in incubator). Include both
names in any commit messages (so that it's clear who the authors were).

In general, this is a very bad way to be doing community development.
Much better for your to be doing this work within the community,
rather than developing outside and dumping into the community.

I see little to no progress in the Imperius community. We still have
the old "tag" that's not a release in svn. Except for an email or two,
there's no movement to an Imperius release. It seems that the only
"development" has occurred outside of the community. Personally, I
have little hope for Imperius ever successfully graduating from the
Incubator.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong...

--kevan