From Neeraj Joshi <jnee...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: July podling incubator board reports
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2009 15:44:16 GMT
Hi Mentors,
I am starting to gather information on what needs to be done to create an
incubator release. So far I have been referring to the
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html there seem to be
a lot of 'TODO's in that document.

Our download structure seems to have most of the artifacts listed in the
documentation in terms of source code folder, license, notices etc
We have the following
1. a source zip
        a. License
        b. Notice
        c. Folders for each of the components in Imperius following the
maven structure
                cimspl-samples
                imperius-cimsplclientsideprovider
                cimspl-common
                imperius-cimsplextension
                imperius-cimsplprovider
                imperius-javaspl
                imperius-javasplextension
                imperius-splcore
                imperius-spleditorcore
                javaspl-samples

2. binary zip
        a. docs
        b. lib
        c. samples
        d. license
        e. notice
        f. readme

In terms of bugs we plan to review the open ones and figure out which ones
are critical and need to be closed prior to the release

Do you see any missing pieces in the distribution structure that we have
currently?
Do you have any other pointers on what would be the best way to go about
building this release?

Thanks
Neeraj

"The light at the end of the tunnel...may be you"

Neeraj Joshi
WebSphere XD - Compute Grid
AIM, IBM
Apache Imperius - http://incubator.apache.org/imperius