From "Reza Asadollahi" <rasad...@uwaterloo.ca>
Subject RE: starmx framework release
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 20:03:40 GMT
Thanks Neeraj,
It is a really good idea to be part of Apache. I am not sure about the
details of hosting an existing project in Apache, but I will try to go for
it in near future or maybe after the first GA release.

Thanks again,
Reza

-----Original Message-----
From: Neeraj Joshi [mailto:jneeraj@us.ibm.com]
Sent: March 5, 2009 1:24 PM
To: imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: starmx framework release

Hey Reza,
This is great news! Congratulations, Do you plan to host this project as
part of Apache in the future?

Thanks
Neeraj
"The light at the end of the tunnel...may be you"

Neeraj Joshi
WebSphere XD - Compute Grid
AIM, IBM
Apache Imperius - http://incubator.apache.org/imperius

From:
"Reza Asadollahi" <rasadoll@uwaterloo.ca>
To:
<imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org>, <imperius-user@incubator.apache.org>
Cc:
David L Kaminsky/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Date:
03/04/2009 01:01 PM
Subject:
starmx framework release

Hi everyone,

I would like to announce that the StarMX framework CR1 has been released,
which it might be interesting to this community.

StarMX is a generic management framework which helps to automate
management
tasks. It allows defining the management logic in form of policies or
rules,
and it is able to integrate with different policy engines like Imperius.
The
support for the Imperius framework has already included in StarMX, and no
development effort needed if Imperius is used as the policy engine. For
using other policy/rule engines, an adapter class should be implemented to
enable the interaction between StarMX and that engine.

StarMX key features include:

*                Enabling different JMX features for automated application
management
including:

*                Using MBeans as anchor objects for policies
*                Using Monitor MBeans
*                Supporting variety of mechanisms to access MBeanServers
*                Supporting JMX notification

*                Enabling timer-based and event-based policy execution
*                Creating chain of policies or adaptation processes to be
executed in
order
*                Memory scopes for storing and exchanging information
among policies
*                Developing management logic as Java classes besides
policies

For more information please refer to
http://sourceforge.net/projects/starmx/

I think the combination of Imperius and StarMX can provide a solid
framework
for dynamic application management and it is a step toward realizing the
autonomic computing goals.

Thanks,

Reza