From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: svn commit: r742224 - in /incubator/imperius/tags: ./ release01-feb08-2009/
Date Sat, 07 Mar 2009 02:42:17 GMT
On Mar 6, 2009, at 7:54 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2009, at 12:21 AM, Mark A. Carlson wrote:
>
>> Code freeze in order to do the release. Yes we are planning to
>> do a release.
>
> I don't think I ever heard back from my last question on this. So,
> will try again...

Thanks for staying on top of this, Kevan.

> Normal process in preparing for a release would be to create a
> 'branch'. This would free up 'trunk' for new development.
> Finalization for a release would occur in the branch. Once released,
> a 'tag' would be created.

Of course, "normal process" is an oxymoron in Apache-land. ;-)

> So, I don't know why there's a tag. A tag would imply that the
> Imperius community has performed a release. Which it has not...

It might be a good time for Imperius to establish a release naming
convention and a release process. This discussion should end in
consensus among the developer community and the result captured on the
Imperius web site.

Any Imperius developer should be able to follow the process and create
a release...

Craig

> --kevan

Craig L Russell