From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r742224 - in /incubator/imperius/tags: ./ release01-feb08-2009/
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 05:47:36 GMT

On Feb 10, 2009, at 12:21 AM, Mark A. Carlson wrote:

> Code freeze in order to do the release. Yes we are planning to
> do a release.

Cool, I guess, but I'm still not getting it. There was some "release"
discussion a month ago, but I haven't seen any specific discussions
about what needs to occur to bring the release up to Apache standards.
FYI this is a good time to review -- http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

Since a release is undoubtedly going to require svn changes, why
create this tag now? Also, the current naming does not conform to any
convention that I've seen at Apache -- which is ok if that's what the
community decides.

--kevan