From David Wood <daw...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Additional function for contribution
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2009 17:36:33 GMT
It does nothing to the compatibility with CIM-SPL.  The closest thing to
any issue raised, might be the extended comment format that we use as a
header  before each policy.  These are standard SPL comments, but we embed
metadata (name, type, attributes, etc) in these comments and then use this
metadata for additional function.  Here's an example (albeit a silly one),

//// {
////    "name" : "Policy A1",
////    "type" : "AUTHORIZATION",
////    "attributes" : {
////            "class" : "network adapter",
////            "expected-result" : "false"
////    }
//// }
Import  Class java.lang.Integer:acl_integer;
Strategy Execute_All_Applicable;
Policy
{
Condition
{
    acl_integer.intValue() == 5
}
Decision
{
        acl_integer.intValue()
}
}:1;

As far as when this would be added, that's up to the community. If we'd
prefer to wait until after the release that is fine by me.  Also, although
the code is pretty well junit tested and javadoc'd, I'm not sure we'd be
able to commit to a Feb 6 deadline.

David Wood
Policy Technologies Group
IBM TJ Watson Research Center
dawood@us.ibm.com
914-784-5123 (office), 914-396-6515 (mobile)