From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Imperius Version Number, Tag and "release"
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 20:46:38 GMT
I agree this is great news. Now "all we need to do" is to create a
release.

Note that since Apache has a very liberal license, it's possible (but
not encouraged) to create unofficial "releases" of the code base
outside the Apache process. But I would not encourage us to tag the
Apache svn repository to correspond to an unofficial outside release.
So the best thing is to use this as an opportunity to get an Apache
release out.

Please review the official incubator release requirements at http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

It's a long read, but well worth the effort. One of the biggest
challenges facing a podling is to create a release.

First thing is to nominate a release manager. Mark, I guess this would
be you? Congratulations.

Craig

On Jan 5, 2009, at 12:26 PM, Neeraj Joshi wrote:

> Hi Mark,
> That is great news! I think tagging the tree is a great idea.
> I agree about releasing a version. Craig what are the requirements for
> creating a release?
>
> Thanks
> Neeraj
> "The light at the end of the tunnel...may be you"
>

> Neeraj Joshi
> WebSphere XD - Compute Grid
> AIM, IBM
> Apache Imperius - http://incubator.apache.org/imperius
>

> From:
> "Mark A. Carlson" <Mark.Carlson@Sun.COM>
> To:
> Neeraj Joshi/Durham/IBM@IBMUS
> Cc:
> imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org, Arvind Samptur <Arvind.Samptur@Sun.COM
> >
> Date:
> 01/05/2009 12:04 PM
> Subject:
> Imperius Version Number, Tag and "release"
>

> Imperius Developers,
>
> We are in the process of integrating Imperius into the OpenSolaris
> distribution, but
> we need to "peg" a specific version of Imperius for the integration.
>
> I'd like to tag the tree here, at the beginning of the year, so that
> we
> can at least
> have something to say is a baseline.
>
> I'd also like to start thinking about "releasing" versions with
> version
> numbers, etc.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> -- mark