From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Imperius Community Status
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2009 13:17:38 GMT

On Jan 22, 2009, at 11:59 PM, Mark A. Carlson wrote:

> Like I said during the release discussion, we are actively
> porting this to OpenSolaris and will be putting back changes
> that are required for that port. Email traffic is not a reliable
> indicator of "activity" IMHO.

Heh. Good that we're having this discussion. At Apache, email traffic
is practically the *only* sign of *community* activity. There may be
*activity*, here, but it's your own private activity, not the
community's.

I'd want to see discussions of changes that are being made, discussion
of future directions for the project, true progress on creating a
release, and consistent communications among community members. All of
these need to be on the Imperius mailing lists.

Until I see signs of the above, I have serious doubts about the
potential for this community to ever graduate from the Incubator.

I'm communicating my concerns in the hope that they will be addressed.
There's time to address these concerns... As always, would be
interested to hear from other mentors and committers...

--kevan