From David Wood <daw...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: IDE support in the repository
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2008 23:07:12 GMT
I'm not sure why we need to put things in a separate place as long as they
don't disrupt the existing processes.  However, all I'm really after is to
be able to 'import' or otherwise include the Imperius code into an Eclipse
workspace.  If we can figure out a way to do that an have the files
elsewhere, that is fine with me, although I think these need to be
included in the SVN tree and not maintained separately.  These IDE files
will likely need to evolve with the code, so keeping them separate outside
of SVN begs for trouble.  If this is agreeable, then perhaps something
along the lines of trunk/ide/{eclipse,netbeans} with a parallel structure
to the source tree.  These directories could then include (for example)
imperius-splcore/.project file that reference the source at
trunk/imperius-splcore.  What do you think?

David Wood
Network Server System Software Group
IBM TJ Watson Research Center
dawood@us.ibm.com
914-784-5123 (office), 914-396-6515 (mobile)