From Neeraj Joshi <jnee...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: IDE support in the repository
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 20:35:40 GMT
I suggest we upload the the eclipse specific files in a zip format and
make it available via the website (perhaps the development section) that
way
the SVN is still unbiased and the developers have easy access to the
project information. What do you guys think?

Thanks
Neeraj
"The light at the end of the tunnel...may be you"

Neeraj Joshi
WebSphere XD - Compute Grid
AIM, IBM
Apache Imperius - http://incubator.apache.org/imperius

David Wood/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
08/29/2008 10:37 AM
Please respond to
imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org

imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org
cc

Subject
IDE support in the repository

I suspect all of us are using some sort of IDE to develop.  With this in
mind, I think it would help us all be more productive if we can find a way

to include support for the IDEs in the SVN repository?  I'm using Eclipse,

but  wouldn't want to push that on anyone and hope we could support
multiple IDEs.  In the case of Eclipse, I think it may be as simple as
building a .project and .classpath file into the right directory.  I've
had success in creating two projects for the imperius-splcore and
imperius-javaspl directories.  I don't believe these files would otherwise

disrupt the existing build/development process, but correct me if I'm
wrong.  Does this strategy work for other IDEs?  Do people have another
suggestion for how we might accomplish IDE support?  How to proceed?

David Wood
Network Server System Software Group
IBM TJ Watson Research Center
dawood@us.ibm.com
914-784-5123 (office), 914-396-6515 (mobile)