From David Wood <daw...@us.ibm.com>
Subject IDE support in the repository
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 14:37:18 GMT
I suspect all of us are using some sort of IDE to develop.  With this in
mind, I think it would help us all be more productive if we can find a way
to include support for the IDEs in the SVN repository?  I'm using Eclipse,
but  wouldn't want to push that on anyone and hope we could support
multiple IDEs.  In the case of Eclipse, I think it may be as simple as
building a .project and .classpath file into the right directory.  I've
had success in creating two projects for the imperius-splcore and
imperius-javaspl directories.  I don't believe these files would otherwise
disrupt the existing build/development process, but correct me if I'm
wrong.  Does this strategy work for other IDEs?  Do people have another
suggestion for how we might accomplish IDE support?  How to proceed?

David Wood
Network Server System Software Group
IBM TJ Watson Research Center
dawood@us.ibm.com
914-784-5123 (office), 914-396-6515 (mobile)