From Neeraj Joshi <jnee...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: suggestions for new enhancements in Imperius
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2008 12:59:10 GMT
Hey Reza,
> 2. Supporting for automatic type conversions introduced in Java 5.
Without
this feature, how can we call a method like foo(Integer i) in the decision
section?

Do you mean like converting a basic type (int) to an object (Integer)
automatically? or did you have something else in mind?

Thanks
Neeraj
"The light at the end of the tunnel...may be you"

Neeraj Joshi
WebSphere XD - Compute Grid
AIM, IBM
Apache Imperius - http://incubator.apache.org/imperius

"Reza Asadollahi" <rasadoll@uwaterloo.ca>
07/16/2008 12:05 PM
Please respond to
imperius-user@incubator.apache.org

<imperius-user@incubator.apache.org>, <imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org>
cc
David L Kaminsky/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, "'M R Ananda'" <mrananda@in.ibm.com>
Subject
RE: suggestions for new enhancements in Imperius

Hi,
The mentioned items are looking good to me, and I'd like to add a few more
items to the list:

1. Having policy execution listener; sometimes, it is important for the
caller of executePolicy method to know what exactly happened during
execution. It is a good practice to invoke that method with an interface
receive notifications from imperius about the execution process. For
example, if the condition part was true, if the decision executed and so
on.
Many of such information currently are printed in output, but we need to
receive them programmatically.

2. Supporting for automatic type conversions introduced in Java 5. Without
this feature, how can we call a method like foo(Integer i) in the decision
section?

3. Removing ex.printStackTrace() from the code. The caller of imperius
should decide whether to print out the stack trace or not.

Thanks,
Regards

Reza Asadollahi

STAR Lab