From Neeraj Joshi <jnee...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: subversion client configuration
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2008 19:10:08 GMT
Hi Kevan,
Will take a look at the subversion configuration.
Regarding the licenses Craig pointed out that we are using an older
version of the license, we have modified the ReplaceLicense.java to
replace the current version with the latest one.
 I will hold off until you are finished with the line ending changes
Thanks
Neeraj
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."

http://incubator.apache.org/imperius

Neeraj Joshi
Autonomic Computing Policy Development
Tivoli, IBM

Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com>
01/11/2008 01:06 PM
Please respond to
imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org

imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org
cc

Subject
subversion client configuration

Taking a look at current codebase, I noticed some CR-LF issues in most/
all of the files. Many of the files have inconsistent line endings
(mix of DOS and Unix lineendings). Seems to have been an issue with
how the license headers were inserted... (content of the license
headers is another issue, which i'll discuss in another note).

Also, most/all of the file types should have the svn:eol-style
property set to native. This means the svn client will set the
appropriate line-ending characters for your OS, when you check out
files...

I'll work on fixing up the line endings and setting the svn properties
(e.g. svn propset svn:eol-style native foo). You can't do this until
line inconsistencies are fixed... Oh maybe  thought there was a perl
script/shell script that will help set these properties for the files
that have already been committed, but I don't remember where it is...
I'll keep look around some more... Recursive propset (svn propset -R)
sets the property on all files and directories... After fixing the
line ending inconsistencies, I'm using

To avoid the problem in the future we should all configure subversion
to set svn properties when new files are created. See the "Configuring
the Subversion Client" section in
http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html
. A number of projects define their own svn properties (e.g.
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/subversion-client-configuration.html
  or http://ode.apache.org/source-code.html). I'd suggest you start
out using http://www.apache.org/dev/svn-eol-style.txt

--kevan