From Neeraj Joshi <jnee...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: test cases
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2008 22:44:23 GMT
Hi Erik,
So the sample policies were designed as test cases to test the major
features of SPL.
That was one of the reasons why they were part of the JavaSPL module
initially (shipping them as samples was an after thought).
 We have a couple of 'ComputerSystem' related polices those are more like
samples (and there are no junit tests associated with them)

I agree that pure unit tests that don't require visual inspection would be
ideal but IMO its a non-trivial task. If you like we can setup conference
calls to discuss this in more detail?

Thanks
Neeraj

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."

http://incubator.apache.org/imperius

Neeraj Joshi
Autonomic Computing Policy Development
Tivoli, IBM

"Erik Bengtson" <erik@jpox.org>
01/09/2008 03:25 PM
Please respond to
imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org

<imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org>
cc

Subject
test cases

Hi,

I'm promised to provide some test cases, but in the form the tests are
coded
now, you can only recognize failures by visual means. Secondly, the tests
are not appropriately structured. See:

Splcore has main classes and unit tests. OK
Javaspl has main classes. OK
JavaSPL-Samples has sample policies and sample API usage. It also has unit
tests, but these can only be validated visually.

I propose moving the tests from JavaSPL-Samples to JavaSPL, since samples
should only contain samples, and rewrite these tests using junit
assertions.

I can patch those, but if beforehand you can review/apply the patches in
JIRA it's great.