From Neeraj Joshi <jnee...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: January incubator report
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2008 15:22:46 GMT
Hi Craig,
Here are the updated files for the incubator website:
1.  site-author/projects/imperius.xml
2. site-author/projects/index.xml

3. site-author/stylesheets/project.xml

Please verify that the content and format is OK
Thanks!
Neeraj
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."

http://incubator.apache.org/imperius

Neeraj Joshi
Autonomic Computing Policy Development
Tivoli, IBM

Craig L Russell <Craig.Russell@Sun.COM>
Sent by: Craig.Russell@Sun.COM
01/13/2008 12:57 PM
Please respond to
imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org

imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: January incubator report

Hi Neeraj,

Please check in or post your edited status page (in .xml form) so I
can check it in. An attachment to a mail message to this alias would
work fine.

I'm not sure that everyone has sufficient karma to update the site
directly...

More comments below...

On Jan 11, 2008, at 11:30 AM, Neeraj Joshi wrote:

> Hi All,
> I have updated the status pages (off the incubator home page) in my
> working directory. There were a number of places where I had to insert
> dates and I wasn't sure what they were.
>
> Here's an extract from the generated html page.

Project Imperius was approved for incubation on Nov 10.

> Identify the project to be incubated
> date
> item
> 2007-10-01
> Make sure that the requested project name does not already exist
> and check
> www.nameprotect.com to be sure that the name is not already
> trademarked
> for an existing software product.
> N/A
> If request from an existing Apache project to adopt an external
> package,
> then ask the Apache project for the SVN module and mail address names.
> N/A
> If request from outside Apache to enter an existing Apache project,
> then
> post a message to that project for them to decide on acceptance.
> 2007-11-01
> If request from anywhere to become a stand-alone PMC, then assess
> the fit
> with the ASF, and create the lists and modules under the incubator
> address/module names if accepted.
>
> Interim responsibility
> date
> item
> 2007-11-10
> Identify all the Mentors for the incubation, by asking all that can be
> Mentors.
> 2007-11-10
> Subscribe all Mentors on the pmc and general lists.

Mailing lists were created Dec 8.

> 2007-11-10
> Give all Mentors access to the incubator SVN repository. (to be
> done by
> the Incubator PMC chair or an Incubator PMC Member wih karma for the
> authorizations file)

The repository was created Dec 8.

> 2007-11-10
> Tell Mentors to track progress in the file
> 'incubator/projects/{project.name}.html'
>
> Copyright
> date
> item
> 2007-10-01
> Check and make sure that the papers that transfer rights to the ASF
> been
> received. It is only necessary to transfer rights for the package, the
> core code, and any new code produced by the project.
> 2007-12-22
> Check and make sure that the files that have been donated have been
> updated to reflect the new ASF copyright.
>
> Verify distribution rights
> date
> item
> 2007-12-22
> Check and make sure that for all code included with the
> distribution that
> is not under the Apache license, e have the right to combine with
> Apache-licensed code and redistribute.
> 2007-12-22
> Check and make sure that all source code distributed by the project is
> covered by one or more of the following approved licenses: Apache,
> BSD,
> Artistic, MIT/X, MIT/W3C, MPL 1.1, or something with essentially
> the same
> terms.
>
> Establish a list of active committers
> date
> item
> 2007-12-22
> Check that all active committers have submitted a contributors
> agreement.

Not all folks identified in the proposal have sent contributor
agreements yet.

> 2007-12-22
> Add all active committers in the STATUS file.
> 2007-11-10
> Ask root for the creation of committers' accounts on
> people.apache.org.

This was done for some but not all have sent agreements (a
prerequisite for requesting accounts).

> Infrastructure
> date
> item
> 2007-11-10
> Ask infrastructure to create source repository modules and grant the
> committers karma.
> 2007-11-10
> Ask infrastructure to set up and archive Mailing lists.
> 2007-11-10
> Decide about and then ask infrastructure to setup an issuetracking
> system
> (Bugzilla, Scarab, Jira).

Done Dec 4.

Craig
> N/A
> Migrate the project to our infrastructure.

> Please advice what I should do about them?
> Thanks
> Neeraj

> "Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/imperius
>
> Neeraj Joshi
> Autonomic Computing Policy Development
> Tivoli, IBM

> Craig L Russell <Craig.Russell@Sun.COM>
> Sent by: Craig.Russell@Sun.COM
> 01/08/2008 04:40 PM
> Please respond to
> imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org

> imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: January incubator report
>

> Hi Neeraj,
>
> On Jan 8, 2008, at 1:28 PM, Neeraj Joshi wrote:
>
>> Hi Craig,
>> Just one suggestion, you could add a line saying that the website is
>> operational.
>
> Good idea. Would you like to add this?
>
>> Another thing I wasn't sure if I am supposed to add the status page
>> to the
>> incubator home page ?
>
> Yes, go ahead. If you need help (or karma) let me know.
>
> Regards,
>
> Craig
>
>> Thanks
>> Neeraj
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> "Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."
>>
>> http://incubator.apache.org/imperius
>>
>> Neeraj Joshi
>> Autonomic Computing Policy Development
>> Tivoli, IBM
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>

>> Craig L Russell <Craig.Russell@Sun.COM>
>> Sent by: Craig.Russell@Sun.COM
>> 01/08/2008 03:52 PM
>> Please respond to
>> imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org

>> imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org
>> cc
>>
>> Subject
>> January incubator report
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Please review the draft incubator report that's checked into the svn
>> repository. If no comments, I'll send it in on Wednesday.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Craig
>>
>> Craig Russell
>> jdo