incubator-imperius-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: svn commit: r608608 [1/3] - in /incubator/imperius/trunk/modules/imperius-splcore/src/org/apache/imperius/spl/parser/compiler: SPLTreeParser.java SPLTreeParser.smap SPLTreeParserTokenTypes.txt
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 07:01:19 GMT
Hi Neeraj,

On Jan 3, 2008, at 8:19 PM, Neeraj Joshi wrote:

> Hi Craig,
> There is an ANTLR eclipse plugin ( http:// 
> antlreclipse.sourceforge.net/)
> that can be used, Just that its one more step to get the development
> environment setup...
> If you feel thats acceptable then I'll go ahead and remove the antlr
> generated files...

I don't know the details of this plugin. But if it allows a developer  
to run some steps in Eclipse to generate the required files (and  
avoid checking them in) then I'd say that's a good thing.

Craig

> Let me know
> Thanks
> Neeraj
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> "Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/imperius
>
> Neeraj Joshi
> Autonomic Computing Policy Development
> Tivoli, IBM
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>
>
> Craig L Russell <Craig.Russell@Sun.COM>
> Sent by: Craig.Russell@Sun.COM
> 01/03/2008 10:02 PM
> Please respond to
> imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org
>
>
> To
> Apache JDO project <jdo-dev@db.apache.org>
> cc
> imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org
> Subject
> Fwd: svn commit: r608608 [1/3] - in
> /incubator/imperius/trunk/modules/imperius-splcore/src/org/apache/ 
> imperius/spl/parser/compiler:
> SPLTreeParser.java SPLTreeParser.smap SPLTreeParserTokenTypes.txt
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Hi,
>
> Any ideas on how to make it easy for Eclipse users to use antlr to
> generate code that is then used to compile other modules?
>
> Craig
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Neeraj Joshi <jneeraj@us.ibm.com>
>> Date: January 3, 2008 4:25:48 PM PST
>> To: imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: svn commit: r608608 [1/3] - in /incubator/imperius/
>> trunk/modules/imperius-splcore/src/org/apache/imperius/spl/parser/
>> compiler: SPLTreeParser.java SPLTreeParser.smap
>> SPLTreeParserTokenTypes.txt
>> Reply-To: imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org
>>
>> Hi Craig,
>> I agree that its not ideal to checkin generated code. The reason I am
>> doing this is to make life easy for people who import the code into
>> eclipse (or any other IDE)
>> ( as  these files are required for the code to compile)
>> Any ideas to get around this?
>> Neeraj
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> "Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."
>>
>> http://incubator.apache.org/imperius
>>
>> Neeraj Joshi
>> Autonomic Computing Policy Development
>> Tivoli, IBM
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>
>>
>>
>> Craig L Russell <Craig.Russell@Sun.COM>
>> Sent by: Craig.Russell@Sun.COM
>> 01/03/2008 07:19 PM
>> Please respond to
>> imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org
>>
>>
>> To
>> imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org
>> cc
>>
>> Subject
>> Re: svn commit: r608608 [1/3] - in
>> /incubator/imperius/trunk/modules/imperius-splcore/src/org/apache/
>> imperius/spl/parser/compiler:
>> SPLTreeParser.java SPLTreeParser.smap SPLTreeParserTokenTypes.txt
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Hi Neeraj,
>>
>> Generally, generated files should not be checked into svn. They
>> should only appear in the target directory when you build.
>>
>> Maybe I'm not clear on why you need these checked in...
>>
>> Craig
>>
>> On Jan 3, 2008, at 11:42 AM, jneeraj@apache.org wrote:
>>
>>> Author: jneeraj
>>> Date: Thu Jan  3 11:42:07 2008
>>> New Revision: 608608
>>>
>>> URL: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=608608&view=rev
>>> Log:
>>> ANTLR generated files
>>>
>>> Added:
>>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/modules/imperius-splcore/src/org/
>>> apache/imperius/spl/parser/compiler/SPLTreeParser.java
>>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/modules/imperius-splcore/src/org/
>>> apache/imperius/spl/parser/compiler/SPLTreeParser.smap
>>>     incubator/imperius/trunk/modules/imperius-splcore/src/org/
>>> apache/imperius/spl/parser/compiler/SPLTreeParserTokenTypes.txt
>>>
>>
>> Craig Russell
>> Architect, Sun Java Enterprise System http://java.sun.com/products/ 
>> jdo
>> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
>> P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!
>>
>>
>
> Craig Russell
> Architect, Sun Java Enterprise System http://java.sun.com/products/jdo
> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
> P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!
>
>

Craig Russell
Architect, Sun Java Enterprise System http://java.sun.com/products/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!


Mime
View raw message